- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (adjust the milk / water quantities to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon tea (suggestion: most ordinary supermarket teas are okay, or go to an Indian store, a brand by the name of Vaag Bakri is my favorite)
- 2 teaspoons sugar OR 1 packet sweetener (adjust according to taste)
- Dash of chai masala (a little more than a pinch depending on your taste)
- 1 Pot
- 1 Tea cup
- 1 Strainer
- Take a pot, add all the ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil, let simmer for no more than a minute, unless you like a stronger tea taste.
- Use a strainer and pour tea into cup.
- Sweeteners are good to use instead of sugar.
- Milk like beverages (for example, Hood Milk Beverage) can take the place of milk.
- This procedure is ok however, if someone likes a stronger tea you can make it as follows:
For a cup of tea: Boil around 3/4 cup water, once boiling turn down the flame to lowest then put sugar wait for few seconds then add tea powder, once the mixture comes to boil turn off the flame, immediately cover the pot with lid. Now, strain the black tea in a cup and then add hot milk to taste and to adjust the colour!
Variations: When water comes to boil, you can add some grated ginger or a pinch or two of powdered cinnamon. Also; freshly plucked, washed and hand torn tulsi leaves can also be added to it.